Saturday 8 April 2017

The Ivory Story


Hi girls! Here is another post for you guys. Hope you all are loving the posts I have been uploading since a week. Moving on to another section of the Rajkumari Week I am going to show you how I converted a 6 Yard Saree into a Saree lehenga outfit suitable for a Mehendi function. With immense love and dedication for pastels and mints Richa has managed to set an example how a plain pastel can be your dream outfit! So without any futher due let's get started!

Photography: Krishna Pillai 




So what I have actually done is paired up an Ivory Saree from Rajkumari's Spring-Summer collection with their plain flared lehenga from the pastel collection. Timeless and chic, Ivory is a colour you can never go wrong with. Firstly, you need to find the right contrast blouse and Lehenga that will go well with the saree. I went with a slightly metallic golden blouse with studded sleevs which perfectly compliment my outfit.

With that I concentrated more on my drape than actually just wearing a normal saree. Starting from my left hand side waist I drapped the saree pleats by pleats creating a lehenga kind of structure on my mint skirt. After reaching my right hand side waist I drapped the pallu of my saree like a pinned up dupatta keeping the borders of my saree at attention. Then spread the saree a bit on the back side of your outfit to let it cover the skirt fully. This is how I achieved another kind of Saree-Lehenga look.

For my hair the stylist went for hair pipe curls tucking it behind and giving slight waves at the bottom. For my makeup we did a golden black smoke eye with deep maroon lipshade with adding up some mint green earrings and necklace to my look.

Makeup and hair by Rashi Agarwal





Ending up my blog here, also do not forget to read my previous posts if you haven't done it yet! Also follow me on Instagram @kshitija_fashionspectrum and show some love. Will see you soon tommorow with a new post, till then stay tuned and stay happy!

Signing Out,
Kshitija Adsul.

No comments:

Post a Comment