Thursday 14 May 2015

DESI TADKA! ;)

The Indian Showcase.

As the wedding season is up it seemed like a perfect time for me to share  some of my favorite pieces from my Indian collection with you. The collection is full of floral prints which is in demand this season. The colours, the prints and the fabrics are well suited for this jovial period. It is truly elegant and comfortable, their designs are cut out in light fabrics making them irresistible to add to your wardrobe! This season is all about show casing the elegance and richness of the Indian clothes with a punch of modern styling. I picked up my favorite pieces, to put up together two looks that fit right into this season.

LOOK #1 

The Red Tints.



Here is the first look of my wedding collection. The simple white dress with the red and yellow floral fabric pieces with a combination of two layers at the bottom and a sleevless top is an elegant as well as a sexy look. While the red gives an eye catching impact to the dress the yellow highlights the beauty. Wearing my golden heels and not accessorizing my outfit too much I decided to keep it a bit simple. I wore my golden watch with heavy stone work, which was the statement piece in my outfit.


I added a small yellow hand purse to my look. Isn't it cute? The golden watch with a typical floral design looked beautiful with the outfit. If needed you can add up a bindi on your head with stones and studs in it to give it a rich look. I kept my makeup a bit glossy and used a tint of red on my cheek bones to highlight my face. I put my petal shaped linear on my eye and gave it a finishing touch with my LAKME EYECONIC kajal. Applied blood red lipstick and here I am ready for a reception ceremony or a sangeet. 



DETAILS: Dress: BIBA
                                                                                 Heels: Catwalk
                                                                                 Purse: Thailand Airport
                                                                                 Watch: Titan Designer
                                                                                 Lipcolour : Maybelline 
                                                                                 Bindi: Local shop



LOOK #2

The Blue Tints.


This suit is the perfect example of traditional dressing. The second colour which is one of the most important colours in your traditional collection is the 'BLUE'. Pairing up blue with golden designs and small floral prints on the dupatta gives it a royal look. This outfit is the perfect one for a wedding. Full sleeves trend is now back with a modification in their patterns. Navy blue background with light blue fabric pieces highlights the anarkali even more. I decided to play up with this piece by adding statement earrings in a contrasting turquoise shade and using my neck piece as a head set to the bun.


I decided to go for a bun as it let my dress do its work by showcasing its design. It is a donut bun which you can easily do it at home and there is no need for you to go to the hair dresser for your hairdo. Kept the same petal linear on my eyes and just added a maroon lipcolour for a greater highlight to my face. Golden tint on my cheek bones were looking perfect. 

DETAILS: Dress: Got it stiched
                                                                          Accessories: Local shop
                                                                          Lipcolour: VOV




India being such a culturally diverse country, has so many different traditional facets. Now summing up your look with the duppatta and here you are ready for a wedding. I hope you guys enjoyed my take on Indian wear. 





PICTURE CREDITS: SAKSHI AND DISHA RAUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment