Wednesday 22 March 2017

The Modern Indian Behenji


Hola People! I am back with something very cliche but with a message for all the college going girls who are insecure about their way of styling up or dressing in college! So, this post is for all the girls who want to wear kurtis their way and feel confident about themselves! Who says Ethnic is boring? Why do people think that wearing ethnic is not in trend or can't be worn to college or in other words 'Behenji Types'

I have come across this for like hundreds of times and experienced it too. People think that you don't have enough money to buy branded clothes, you are that typical nerdy girl who isn't cool enough to hangout with or have no sense of fashion! These allegations are totally false! It's perfectly alright to wear a kurti to college with adding some ethnic pieces to your look and having that feminine touch to it which is very delicate and beautiful to look at.

So, for giving you guys some basic styling idea of a normal printed kurti and a split kurti I have collaborated with Radhika Jagtap one of my fellow blogger mate for a couple of posts. I will be styling a navy blue printed kurti and she will be doing the same for a centre split kurti. Then, Without any futher due let's get started...

PHOTOGRAPHY BY: KRISHNA PILLAI 




While I was buying my kurti I came with this idea of joining both the ends of kurti to one another which will make it look more cooler and gives it a different way of styling. As the outfit is more modernized with a touch of Indian traditions I wore my super trusted pair of light blue jeans that would complete my outfit set perfectly and also feel comfortable while carrying this attire. With this I opted for my kolhapuri wedges which will compliment my look.  I went for that contasting golden footwear because I wanted it to also stand out and make space for the observer. Then for my accessories I went with my oxidized silver earrings and neckpiece along my white stone studded watch.




For my makeup I went with a loud maroon lipshade with a basic dewy look with the highlighter popping all over my cheek bones and with some contouring underneath to give my face an edgy look I went for that basic black winged liner to add up to the drama to my face. And not forgetting the Bindi on my forehead which adds up to this look and compliments it even more. How Indianish isn't?I just love it. I kept my hair more on the messy, frizzy side like I always do because opening up your hair makes you look even more gorgeous.

Deatils:
 Kurti: Reliance Trends
Earrings: Local Shop
Neckpiece: Local Shop
Wedges: My Mom's Wardrobe
Watch: My Mom's Wardrobe
Lipshade: Loreal Paris
Highlighter: Faces 
Contouring : Used Brown Lipshade
Bronzer: Bonjour Paris
Liner: Lakme Absolute


Check out another split kurta inspired look by Radhika Jagtap on Instagram at: @_radhikajagtap Also do not forget to follow her there and show some love <3

Follow Krishna Pillai at: @kpclickz on Instagram 

Hope you guys found this post helpful and would surely take inspirations for your daily styling. And do not worry about people judging you over what you are wearing as long as you are comfortable in it, you are rocking it!! Till then 
Stay tuned for the next post! 

Signing Out,
Kshitija Adsul.

No comments:

Post a Comment