Monday 27 March 2017

'Gudhi Padva Special'


Hey Girls! Firstly, Happy Gudhi Padva to all! Like, many of you don't exactly know what Gudhi Padva is all about let me brief you about this festival.
 Gudhi Padva is derived from the Sanskrit name for Chaitra Shukla Pratipad. It is celebrated on the first day of the Chaitra month to mark the beginning of the New year according to the lunisolar Hindu calendar. The word Padva comes from the Sanskrit word pratipada in Sanskrit, which refers to the first day of a lunar fortnight. Therefore, The celebartions are all about the new year for the Hindus. 
On Gudhi Padva, a gudhi is found sticking out of a window or otherwise prominently displayed in traditional Maharashtrian households. Bright green or yellow cloth adorned with brocade (zari) tied to the tip of a long bamboo over which gaathi (sugar crystals), neem leaves and a twig of mango leaves and a garland of red flowers is tied. A silver or copper pot is placed in the inverted position over it. Altogether, it is called as Gudhi. It is hoisted outside the house, in a window, terrace or a high place so that everybody can see it.The Gudhi is positioned on the right side of the main entrance of the house. The right side symbolizes active state of the soul. Sounds more like a history class, isn't it?
So, Now that you guys know about today, let's proceed with our blogpost!

Photography: Krishna Pillai










































 



I have tried to create a very easy to go look for the day which can be styled both like a set saree as well as a normal Indian suit attire. Yesterday I was all confused over what to wear for this Gudi Padva! So I thought to give my pairing up skills a shot and create a look from my basics. I used my basic black palazzo pants, black top, blue buddha jacket and my contrast dupatta! For my accessories I wanted to go for a minimal look so I went with a marathi nose ring ( nath) with some bangles and kada in my hand. I wore my black top and palazzo just how a jumpsuit will look like, then put my buddha print jacket over and drapped the duppatta like a saree pallu. I kept my make-up simple with just my basic winged linear and wine shade lipcolour, also not to forget the moon shaped tikka which is known as Chandra Kor in marathi. 












































Also girls who don't want to wear the saree type attire and go for a normal Indian attire all you need to do is just convert your saree pallu back to normal and make some changes in the accessories. Like Instead of the bangles and the nose ring I opted for a handcuff and small jhumkas. And a small tip, choose the duppatta wisely, because it is the game chnager in both the outfits. Here is a look of the attire: 






Deatils:
Jacket: Soch
Duppatta: Jolly Silks
Palazzo Pants: Max
Footwear: Flipkart
Handcuff: The little bauble box

Hope you guys liked this post and found it useful. You can now create your own basic festive attire with your old wardrobe stuff! See you soon with another blogpost! Till then stay tuned and keep enjoying. 




Signing Out,
Kshitija Adsul.

No comments:

Post a Comment